The 2014 Oscars happened.
Gravity grabbed the most statues, Pharrell's hat came back, and host Ellen DeGeneres posted a selfie that became the most retweeted tweet off all time in just over 30 minutes. Also, pizza.
From the moment Jennifer Lawrence tripped before even making it inside the building to Steve McQueen's victory dance when 12 Years a Slave took the award for Best Picture, comedians, critics and commenters were keeping track of every high and low of the evening. Here, a look at the funniest tweets from the biggest night in film.
RECOMMENDED: See all Oscars coverage
You might also like
- Eight actors who didn't need special-effects makeup to play aliens
- Top ten ridiculous New York souvenirs
- Hallowmeme brings the Internet to the Bell House (slide show)
- Tiny Kitchen Recipes: Skillet lasagna by two former Saveur editors
- Five awesome new amenities coming to Brooklyn Bridge Park, Pier 2 (slide show)