Point State Park
Once a busy industrial area, the area had deteriorated into a commercial slum by the 1940s. The development of a state park was authorized in 1945 and the first parcel of the 36-acre property was purchased in 1946. The park was completed and dedicated in 1974. It is now one of the nation’s outstanding historical parks and tourist attractions and has been designated as a National Historic Landmark.