To apply for any of these positions, email your application to jobs[at]timeout.jp.
Full-time Deputy Editor
Context of the role:
You will be expected to work collaboratively with the existing digital and print teams (both English and Japanese). You should have extensive skills in editing both a magazine and a website. Social media knowledge and experience are necessary.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will be expected to appreciate and execute the company’s editorial ‘house style’, for which training will be provided.
- Assist the Editor-in-Chief in editing, sub-editing and publishing listings, news, features and multimedia. Generating compelling content for both print and web.
- Responsible for the publication of Original Inc’s editorial and commercial content as well as any associated print/digital products.
- While you’ll primarily work on English content, there will be translation work involved (mostly from Japanese to English).
- Assist in executing social media platform updates; helping to grow audience and reach
You will manage a team of writers, editorial assistant and freelancers, who will assist in the performance of your overall duties.
- Liaising with Marketing and Sales teams to coordinate events, promotions and marketing opportunities.
- Generating ideas and monitoring a range of media sources to develop and extend editorial coverage in innovative ways.
- Acting as the brand ambassador, as required, at public events.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, any field.
- Excellent command of the English language with good communication skills (written and oral).
- Japanese language skills are necessary (at least intermediary), both written and oral.
- Able to deliver high quality work on time and work under pressure.
- You should be well organised, a good multi-tasker and tenacious in character.
- Interest in and knowledge of the local lifestyle entertainment scene is highly advantageous, so is knowledge and/or experience in digital media and sub-editing.
- Candidate who is living in Tokyo with a valid working visa is preferable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related field is preferable.
Full-time sales position
Context of the role:
You’ll be working with the sales team in planning creative solutions for clients. Your primary role will be corresponding with clients and recommending advertising solutions and other promotional plans. You’ll also be responsible for finding new sales leads through business directories, client referrals, etc, as well as managing projects that involve business partnerships and collaborations.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with experience in sales (especially in ad agencies, digital, IT and/or media companies)
- Bilingual candidates who can speak both English and Japanese are preferred
- Basic computer skills are necessary (Internet, e-mail, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Basic knowledge of creating a sales presentation is advantageous
Please note that we may be unable to respond to everyone. Your understanding is very much appreciated.