Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
Touring museums can be tiring when you have kids in tow, but Tokyo houses a large variety of family-friendly museums where the little ones will have as much fun as their parents. These museums are good with kids, as they feature lots of hands-on experiences and games, offer easy-to-understand captions under each exhibit and hand out children-friendly pamphlets. As such, a visit to these museums will make for a fun yet educational day out for the young and old alike. From railway heritage and police cars to historic fire trucks, ancient animal skeletons plus a walk-in model of the International Space Station, there is definitely something for everyone to enjoy.
To prevent the spread of coronavirus, the museums in this list are implementing these safety measures:
- Your temperature will be checked on entry. Anyone with a fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius and cold-like symptoms will be turned away.
- Wear a mask at all times, cover your mouth when coughing, and disinfect your hands regularly.
- When asked, provide the museum with your contact information, which will be used to track possible coronavirus infections.
- People who have travelled to a place with a high coronavirus infection rate in the past two weeks should refrain from visiting the museum.
- Keep a safe distance from other visitors at all times.
RECOMMENDED: 25 of the best free things to do in Tokyo