Feeling hungry? Hope so, because here we’ve got a tonne of foodie inspo. The prestigious Asian Restaurant Awards has just announced its winners for 2023, revealing exactly which restaurants across the UK should be on your bucket list this year.
This year’s Asian Restaurant Awards ceremony took place in Manchester on Monday (July 31). The winners were decided by a combination of public votes and judges. Speaking to a 500-strong audience filled with some of the UK’s top Asian restaurant owners and chefs, Chairman of the Asian Catering Federation Yawar Khan praised the nominees’ ‘fresh culinary ideas’.
Overall, the 2023 Asian Restaurant Awards split the prizes between regions of the UK and crowned 12 winners of ‘Restaurant of the Year’. Here is the full list of winners.
- North of England – Dhamaka (Cramlington), Spice Mafia (Urmston) and Lala’s Restaurant (Pudsey and Leeds).
- Manchester – The Indian Plaza (Audenshaw)
- Yorkshire – Akbar’s (Bradford)
- London – Babur (Brockley)
- South west – Maha Bharat (Kingsbridge)
- South east – Cook’s Tale (Canterbury)
- Midlands – Calcutta Club (Nottingham)
- East of England – Navadhanya (Cambridge)
- Northern Ireland – Bangla (Bangor)
- Wales – Purple Poppadom (Cardiff)
The full list of winners can be found on the official Asian Restaurant Awards website here.
Did you hear that even more Wetherspoons pub closures are on the way in the UK?
Stay in the loop: sign up to our free Time Out UK newsletter for the latest UK news and the best stuff happening across the country.