Concert reviews and pictures
Browse photo galleries of the most notable recent live music shows and festivals in Chicago
Fri Feb 7 2014
Our Time Out photo team and critics hit the concert halls each week to bring you the best band images, crowd shots, crazy fans and, occassionally, laser shows. We hit the arenas, bars and festivals. Yeah, tough job. (Well, it can be when Jack Johnson comes to town.) Stay tuned to our blog for fresh concert photographs every week.
RECOMMENDED: See our complete list of new and upcoming concerts in Chicago
The guitar hero rips into old hits, cover song and solo tunes in a marathon three-hour concert.
With canceled shows, inaccessible acts and extra costs, the inaugural EDM event had issues.
Logan Square gets down to a horde of local acts.
So many bros.
Ezra, Rostam and the two Chrises bring 'Modern Vampires' to our city.
Ninja, Yolandi and DJ Hi-Tek premiere bonkers hip-hop from their new 'Donker Mag'.
We came for Este's bass face and stayed for the Beyoncé cover.
The controversial chanteuse eschews 'Ultraviolence' to stick with her hits amidst wicker furniture, flowers and teen screams.
The beautifully bonkers Swedish group blends aerobics, space cults, gender politics, glitter and drums.
The rising Australian rapper brought a bit of Miami to Chicago and did "Work" with fresh hits from debut album 'The New Classic'.
Hip-hop's "Man of the Year" delivered hits from 'Oxymoron' to a packed house and cloud of smoke.
The soulful U.K. singer ended the American leg of his tour with a preview of new songs from debut album 'In The Lonely Hour'.
Check out our best shots from weekend one of Coachella 2014, from crowd-surfing kids to barely-clothed babes
The sharp-dressed gentlemen bring 'Trouble' to the historic venue on State Street for the first show of a four-night stand.
The New York duo brings pop hooks, hip-hop beats and a boatload of strobes to a sold-out crowd.
Dan Smith brought huge hits like "Pompeii" and big hair to a crowd of screaming fans.
Sub Pop's gothic girl group rocked a sold-out show with its black bubblegum pop. Check out shots of the band.
The all-female quartet whipped up eerie harmonies and dark grooves from its mesmerizing new record
The 17-year-old gothic pop sensation sings 'Royals' under chandelier light
Bedazzled weed swimwear is the least weird thing on the Bangerz tour
The Followill boys bring the Southern garage boogie of strong comeback album Mechanical Bull to the home of the Bulls
A massive career-spanning set (well, minus 'N Sync) from JT
James Mercer and Brian Burton tour a second album of sci-fi pop, After the Disco, in a very Logan's Run stage set.
J. Willgoose, Esq. and Wriggleworth meld old radio and post-rock.
Different bassist, new songs. Same old awesome Frank Black.
While his lyrics and stage show will not force Kanye West to lose any sleep, the man can bark about the baller lifestyle with wit.
Yeezus on the mountaintop
Our favorite moments and faces in the crowd
The hip-hop success story of 2013 hits Uptown
Aussie house-pop kings shake the Riv. Literally
Hey, girl. Drake has a ring for you
Madeon joins in for an end of 2013 blowout
The Texas act channels the lush prog-rock of groups like Pink Floyd and Camel
So she is basically Cirque du Soleil now
Two of the biggest stars in pop, together, on their suit and tie shit
The Swedish pop duo sport lamp hats and serve up catchy cuts from This Is… Icona Pop
You might also like
- Lollapalooza 2014 street style and festival fashion
- Top 10 dance clubs
- Our favorite looks at Pitchfork Music Festival
- Final thoughts on Lollapalooza 2014
- Lollapalooza 2014, Sunday: Faces in the crowd
- Mud people and heavy rains at Lollapalooza 2014
- Pitchfork Music Festival 2014, Saturday: Faces in the crowd
- Lollapalooza 2014, Saturday: Faces in the crowd
- Navy Pier
- The 10 best feminist songs playlist
- Ultimate Pride playlist: The 50 best gay songs
- The real headliners of Lollapalooza 2014
- The 45 sexiest album covers of all time
- The 41 greatest Chicago albums of all time
- What will be the song of summer?
- The 7 worst Lollapalooza 2014 schedule conflicts
- 10 best Lollapalooza acts you might not know
- 10 sets to see at Lollapalooza 2014
- 11 must-see acts at Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
- Iggy Azalea at House of Blues photos
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- The 50 best drinking songs
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made