Food & Drink
Drink 5-cent cocktails at this very happy hour on the High Line
Typically getting nickeled and dimed is the worst, or so say most grandpas. But for cocktails, we’ll gladly dig coins from the corners of our pockets. Hell, we’ll bust open our piggy banks right on the bar. (Not really).
Tonight, and every Wednesday through August 27, cocktails at BFB at the High Line are five cents. We repeat: five cents. That means a dollar would buy you a round for your 20 closest—and cheapest—friends. (And you thought Veselka’s 54 minutes of ‘50s pricing was a good deal!)
From 6-8pm, order the specialty quaff of the week made with Owl’s Brew tea like Classic English Breakfast or the Pink and Black, a hibiscus-tinged Darjeeling. To save everyone from getting down-right plastered, only the first glass is a nickel. Your next round will be $8. Though that price tag isn't nearly as exciting as spare change sips, it's still a special on the regular $12 ticket.
So what will be the next super-deal of the century? A penny for your shots?
- How to have the best Cider Week ever
- Word on the Street: 14 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- Hugh Jackman, Straight White Men and Metropolitan Opera for cheap
- Spend the weekend with your pooch at these pet-friendly events
- This tech gadget could save you from a bad Tinder date with three clicks of your heels