Shopping & Style
First look: NYC boutique Story debuts its techy new theme today
The shop is partnering with Intel to offer a couple of interactive features that we need to see to believe. There's a S.E.L.F.I.E Station, which is a a webcam-enabled mirror that snaps and tweets your picture. But it only works when you smile at it. You'll also find a wireless coffee faucet that serves java via the swipe of an app.
As for the merch, Story has quite a few exclusives including a Dutch line of clothes that charge mobile phones, 3D-printed high heels and Bluetooth LE enabled cocktail rings that deliver discreet notifications from your phone. Oh, and there's even wearable tech accessories for dogs and babies. The future is now—but this concept only lasts through October 5.
- In this week’s issue of Time Out New York, we get pumped for New Year’s with Skrillex and Diplo
- Take a peek inside Ramen Lab from the Sun Noodles team
- Artisanal aged cheese is literally underground in Crown Heights
- 11 super-cool things to do this weekend
- Word on the street: 13 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week