It's National Tequila Day! Here's where to go tonight
Say the word Tequila to any sentient New Yorker and you may be met with one or all of the following reactions: 1. Joy. 2. Horror. 3. Mixture of regret and nostalgia. The fact is that nobody is just “meh” about the Mexican mood-enhancer, so it makes perfect sense (sort of) that this lovely summer day be designated National Tequila Day.
Now, because we have your best interests at heart, we’ve put together a list of the city's best Mexican food spots—because you want to eat while you drink, right? No? Okay. Fine. Here are our favorite non-douchey rooftop bars. And a playlist of the best drinking songs. Let’s cut to the chase. Just don’t blame us for your headache tomorrow.
- Kennaland Salon Offers Half Priced Cuts for Gingers
- German techno fest Time Warp announces the lineup for its NYC debut
- The Godfather will screen with a live orchestral score
- The bar at Andaz 5th Avenue teaches you how to mix Broadway-themed cocktails
- A Tender Buttons play and other ways to experience difficult books