Food & Drink
Jeepney won Time Out New York's 2014 Battle of the Burger
Last night, burger-obsessed New Yorkers came out in droves to the South Street Seaport for the 2014 Battle of the Burger, hosted by Time Out New York and presented by Amstel Light. Reader-voted favorites including Nürnberger Bierhaus, Donovan’s Pub and Dram Shop gassed up the grills and served up patty samples to a hungry crowd, who used tokens to vote for the winner.
Third place went to Astoria sports bar Twist & Smash’d, while the runner-up was Dale Talde's swine-focused saloon Pork Slope. But it was fun-loving Filipino canteen Jeepney that captured diners' hearts and took home the golden burger trophy for their standout Chori Burger, which comes shellacked in banana ketchup and Maggi aioli, and topped with chorizo-esque longganisa.
Check out the team celebrating and more Battle of the Burger festivities below:
- Free live music, film screening and art at Sugarcube this January
- Fifty Shades of Grey will debut at the Berlin Film Festival
- Five concerts to see on Christmas (and Christmas Eve!)
- Gilt is offering free same-day delivery in NYC for last-minute shoppers
- Time’s Square beating-heart installation is unlikely to be still on Valentine’s Day