Food & Drink
Order ice cream on demand from Uber tomorrow
I scream, you scream... really we should all stop screaming and use our smartphones instead. In an attempt to satiate our endless craving for ice cream, Uber, the on-demand taxi service that recently dropped prices for New Yorkers, will be commandeering local ice cream trucks to deliver treats all over Gotham (and 143 other cities across the globe) tomorrow, July 18—just in time to celebrate National Ice Cream Day on Sunday.
To place an order, choose the ice cream option within the app. But be quick: The frozen treat service will only be available from 11am to 5pm and Uber has already warned on its site that “demand will be high and availability limited.” In other words, have your iPhone primed with your order at 10:55am and hope for the best.
Six sweets will set you back $30, but you’ll be the cool (sorry, I couldn't resist) office favorite, so there’s that.
- The surprises and snubs of the 2015 Michelin stars
- Kennaland Salon Offers Half Priced Cuts for Gingers
- German techno fest Time Warp announces the lineup for its NYC debut
- The Godfather will screen with a live orchestral score
- The bar at Andaz 5th Avenue teaches you how to mix Broadway-themed cocktails