Food & Drink
The latest from Dominique Ansel: Pretzel lobster tails
Apparently canned sundaes weren't the only madcap treat Dominique Ansel had up his sleeve this summer—the cronut mastermind announced on Good Morning America this a.m. that on Saturday, August 9, his famed Soho bakery will unleash his newest creation: pretzel lobster tails.
No, there are no crustaceans involved. Instead, it's a lobster tail-shaped, pull-apart soft pretzel crammed with house-made peanut butter and buttercrunch brittle, sprinkled liberally with Maldon sea salt and served alongside a nutty whipped honey-brown-butter dipping sauce. Salivating yet? Pace yourself—the inventive sweet will be available all summer long for $8 a tail.
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars