Food & Drink
The latest from Dominique Ansel: Pretzel lobster tails
Apparently canned sundaes weren't the only madcap treat Dominique Ansel had up his sleeve this summer—the cronut mastermind announced on Good Morning America this a.m. that on Saturday, August 9, his famed Soho bakery will unleash his newest creation: pretzel lobster tails.
No, there are no crustaceans involved. Instead, it's a lobster tail-shaped, pull-apart soft pretzel crammed with house-made peanut butter and buttercrunch brittle, sprinkled liberally with Maldon sea salt and served alongside a nutty whipped honey-brown-butter dipping sauce. Salivating yet? Pace yourself—the inventive sweet will be available all summer long for $8 a tail.
- How to have the best Cider Week ever
- Word on the Street: 14 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- Hugh Jackman, Straight White Men and Metropolitan Opera for cheap
- Spend the weekend with your pooch at these pet-friendly events
- This tech gadget could save you from a bad Tinder date with three clicks of your heels