Food & Drink
The latest from Dominique Ansel: Pretzel lobster tails
Apparently canned sundaes weren't the only madcap treat Dominique Ansel had up his sleeve this summer—the cronut mastermind announced on Good Morning America this a.m. that on Saturday, August 9, his famed Soho bakery will unleash his newest creation: pretzel lobster tails.
No, there are no crustaceans involved. Instead, it's a lobster tail-shaped, pull-apart soft pretzel crammed with house-made peanut butter and buttercrunch brittle, sprinkled liberally with Maldon sea salt and served alongside a nutty whipped honey-brown-butter dipping sauce. Salivating yet? Pace yourself—the inventive sweet will be available all summer long for $8 a tail.
- The six best theater shows to see for the holidays
- Where to see the Star Wars Episode VII trailer this weekend
- Where to find exclusive Record Store Day vinyl this Black Friday
- Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream pop-up moves to Gansevoort Market with Black Friday deal
- In this week’s issue of Time Out New York, we embrace our inner tourist