For four more aggravatingly long weeks, there will be no (zilch, nil, none at all) service to Greenpoint Ave. via the G train. Lucky for you, we've compiled some cool events, new foodie spots and awesome places to go in Greenpoint, Brooklyn to make your life just a wee bit easier, because we obviously love you more than the G train.
- No-frills bar Broken Land just opened, and they've got alcoholic beverages named after Simpson's jokes. Yes, the Vassar Basher drink is now in existence.
- Brooklyn Night Bazaar; This beloved pop-up market/food hub is open every Friday and Saturday night in your hood.
- Male cat-lovers are totally a thing. David Yow drew an entire book on the subject called David Yow: Copy Cat, and he wants to tell you about it at WORD in Greenpoint.
- If you've never had a paczki, now's the time to try it. Greenpoint's large Polish population makes it the best place to taste one of these fruit (or custard)-filled treats native to Poland.
- Luluc + Secret Someones + The Prettiots + Poor Remy are performing at Brooklyn Night Bazaar. Boy-girl duo, Luluc will play some of their folksy hits from their new album Passerby.
- Williamsburg staple Beacon's Closet is moving to Greenpoint. It's not the only hot shopping spot that just landed in your area. Apparently Greenpoint is becoming a hub for all the good indie boutiques.
- Glasserie is a Mediterranean restaurant and it just opened in Greenpoint. Lamb tartare? Yes, yes.
- Go to The Broken Comedy Show at Bar Matchless to laugh at NYC-native (and new Daily Show correspondent) Michel Che's jokes.
Nice try, G train. You thought you could leave us hanging but here we are about to have so much fun. All the fun. All.