Food & Drink
Yuji Ramen to reopen at Okonomi in Williamsburg on Monday
Jakob N. Layman
Noodle pop-up Yuji Ramen, which closed its counters at Whole Foods last month, is set to return Monday, August 25. Splitting kitchen time with Okonomi, Yuji Haraguchi and Tara Norvell’s other Japanese restaurant in Williamsburg, the slurp shop will be open from 11am–11pm every Monday and Tuesday indefinitely.
Expect the chefs' classic ramen dishes like bacon and egg mazemen, plus bowls with seasonal toppings like summer corn and house-made ricotta cheese. But Haraguchi said the menu will soon expand, with a push toward fresh seafood, noting additions like wild Atlantic salmon and Boston mackerel sashimi. Suds and sake will also be offered omakase-style, with a single variety each day including Orion lager and kiku masamune junmai rice wine.
A slight drawback to the location is the tight, four-seat counter. Because Yuji does not take reservations, be prepared to wait in line.
- Sue Torres churns out tapas at Espoleta, open now in the Bowery
- Some possible weekend itineraries for Nicki Minaj's alter egos once she moves to NYC
- BAM's Eat, Drink & Be Literary series returns in January
- Six great holiday gifts for your favorite theater geek
- Theater chains abandon The Interview after terror threat