Cinco de Mayo in New York
Killer tacos, mind-blowing mescals, flawless margaritas: Your definitive guide to eating, drinking and partying on Cinco de Mayo 2014 and beyond.
Mon May 5 2014
Photograph: Paul Wagtouicz
Cinco de Mayo 2014 falls on May 5 (just as we've recovered from the mint-julep-fueled Kentucky Derby), and three things are crucial to enjoying this holiday: tacos, guac and tequila. Here's where to find New York's best varieties of each, plus nachos, mescal and more.
Cinco de Mayo 2014
We track down top nacho platters, plus nearby sports bars where you can catch the game.
Learn from Mayahuel's Philip Ward.
The agave spirit is a taste worth acquiring.
You might also like
- 100 best New York restaurants
- The best-looking NYC restaurants and bars of the year
- The 100 best dishes in New York City 2014: Top ten
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- The best hot chocolate in NYC
- The 100 best dishes in New York City 2014: Best sandwiches
- The best cheap eats in NYC
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at NYC restaurants
- 50 best New York bars
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food
More popular Food & Drink features
Get the lowdown on the best beer bars to open within the past year, tastings and other boozy happenings
Kiss Swiss Miss goodbye—NYC’s best hot chocolates are being remade with ice cream, fiery chilies and, yes, even booze
Browse through our full list or choose your next brunch spot by category