Cinco de Mayo in New York
Killer tacos, mind-blowing mescals, flawless margaritas: Your definitive guide to eating, drinking and partying on Cinco de Mayo 2014 and beyond.
Mon May 5 2014
Photograph: Paul Wagtouicz
Cinco de Mayo 2014 falls on May 5 (just as we've recovered from the mint-julep-fueled Kentucky Derby), and three things are crucial to enjoying this holiday: tacos, guac and tequila. Here's where to find New York's best varieties of each, plus nachos, mescal and more.
Cinco de Mayo 2014
We track down top nacho platters, plus nearby sports bars where you can catch the game.
Learn from Mayahuel's Philip Ward.
The agave spirit is a taste worth acquiring.
You might also like
- 100 best New York restaurants
- NYC's best rooftop bars
- Your top 21 burgers in NYC
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- The 30 best bars for outdoor drinking in New York
- Chicken wings: Ranking NYC’s best and worst classic wings
- 50 best New York bars
- Cheap eats in NYC: The best budget dining in New York
- The best burgers in NYC
- NYC’s 12 best sushi restaurants: Top spots for Japanese food
More popular Food & Drink features
Get the lowdown on the best beer bars to open within the past year, tastings and other boozy happenings
New chicken (and duck!) wings are flying high at restaurants all over NYC
TONY trekked all over town checking out the top toro-touting dens in the city, both old-school joints and big-ticket temples