Cinco de Mayo in New York
Killer tacos, mind-blowing mescals, flawless margaritas: Your definitive guide to eating, drinking and partying on Cinco de Mayo 2014 and beyond.
Mon May 5 2014
Photograph: Paul Wagtouicz
Cinco de Mayo 2014 falls on May 5 (just as we've recovered from the mint-julep-fueled Kentucky Derby), and three things are crucial to enjoying this holiday: tacos, guac and tequila. Here's where to find New York's best varieties of each, plus nachos, mescal and more.
Cinco de Mayo 2014
We track down top nacho platters, plus nearby sports bars where you can catch the game.
Learn from Mayahuel's Philip Ward.
The agave spirit is a taste worth acquiring.
You might also like
- 100 best New York restaurants
- The best fireplaces at New York bars
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- 50 best New York bars
- The best pies for the holidays in New York City
- The best cheap eats in NYC
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC: Manhattan
- NYC's best rooftop bars
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC: Boozy brunches
More popular Food & Drink features
Get the lowdown on the best beer bars to open within the past year, tastings and other boozy happenings
From cheese-curd purists to newfangled updates, here are New York’s best takes on that Canadian junk-food classic
Browse through our full list or choose your next brunch spot by category