Cinco de Mayo in New York
Killer tacos, mind-blowing mescals, flawless margaritas: Your definitive guide to eating, drinking and partying on Cinco de Mayo 2014 and beyond.
Mon May 5 2014
Photograph: Paul Wagtouicz
Cinco de Mayo 2014 falls on May 5 (just as we've recovered from the mint-julep-fueled Kentucky Derby), and three things are crucial to enjoying this holiday: tacos, guac and tequila. Here's where to find New York's best varieties of each, plus nachos, mescal and more.
Cinco de Mayo 2014
We track down top nacho platters, plus nearby sports bars where you can catch the game.
Learn from Mayahuel's Philip Ward.
The agave spirit is a taste worth acquiring.
You might also like
- 100 best New York restaurants
- NYC's best rooftop bars
- Oktoberfest in NYC
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- The 30 best bars for outdoor drinking in New York
- The best food trucks in NYC
- 50 best New York bars
- Cheap eats in NYC: The best budget dining in New York
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC: Manhattan
More popular Food & Drink features
Get the lowdown on the best beer bars to open within the past year, tastings and other boozy happenings
From cheese-curd purists to newfangled updates, here are New York’s best takes on that Canadian junk-food classic
Browse through our full list or choose your next brunch spot by category