Trend watch: Glow-in-the-dark and black-light–reactive beauty products
These glow-in-the-dark nail polishes, lipsticks, cosmetics and hair dyes will get you glowing for your next party.
Tue Aug 6 2013
Whether you’re headed to the Electric Zoo Festival or just a basement rave, these glow-in-the-dark beauty products will make you the life of your next party. Get illuminated with black-light–reactive cosmetics, including translucent powder from Make Up For Ever, nail polishes from Urban Outfitters and hair dye from Manic Panic.
RECOMMENDED: See glow-in-the-dark clothing and accessories
Stila Cosmetics After Glow lip colors, $18 each, at beautybar.com
Illamasqua Paranormal UV nail varnishes, $17 each, at illamasqua.com/paranormal
Mehron Fantasy F-X Fluorescent cream makeup, $4, at Abracadabra Superstore, 19 W 21st St between Fifth and Sixth Aves (212-627-5194)
Manic Panic High Voltage Cotton Candy Pink Classic semipermanent cream hair color, $14; and Amplified Neon Electric Lizard vegan semipermanent cream hair color, $17; both at Manic Panic, 21-07 Borden Ave at 21st St, fourth floor, Long Island City, Queens (718-937-6055, manicpanic.biz); Flash Lightning 30 Volume Cream Developer hair-lightening kit (to be used prior to the hair dye for maximum impact), $12, at Ricky’s NYC, locations throughout the city; visit rickysnyc.com
Follow Cristina Velocci on Twitter: @cvelocci
You might also like
Sales and shopping events calendar
- Brooklyn Flea
- Street fashion with Ehren David Edralin, Masculine Manhattan blogger
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- Valentine’s Day ideas for him: Gifts for men under $100
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Best underrated thrift stores in New York City
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Cheap New York: Sample sales and shopping events this week
- Where to shop in Soho: Best stores for fashion, design and books
- Chelsea Market