lot18? the company that went from 100 to 36, raised at a ridiculous valuation and whose two co-founders scrambled out asap?
Cool NYC companies: New York's best small companies and start-ups
If you’ve spent your career working for big NYC companies, now’s the time to break free. Find out how to launch your own start-up from these NYC entrepreneurs.
Wed Jul 31 2013
Photograph: John Loomis
Some of the coolest, most gamechanging NYC companies are also the smallest. Whether they specialize in making obscure summer rosés as accessible as the city’s best pizza or giving consumers a legal way to buy their favorite DJ mixes, these local start-ups turn many traditional business models on their heads and give their employees the freedom to make an impact from Day One. If you’ve had an idea percolating for awhile—or just need to find a better job STAT—now’s the time to take that leap. But first, find out how successful entrepreneurs made it happen and which tools you need to follow in their footsteps.
Cool NYC companies and entrepreneurs to watch
Tools and tips to get entrepreneurs started
Related coverage of NYC companies and careers
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- 50 ways you know you’re a real New Yorker
- October 2014 events calendar for New York City
- Bob’s Burgers interview: ‘Nobody ever asks us to go for Chinese food’
- The best free food deals at NYC bars
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- Things to do in New York today
- Halloween in NYC
- Great first-date ideas for New Yorkers
- The 5 best affordable New York apartments (week of September 30)
- The 50 best free things to do in NYC