lot18? the company that went from 100 to 36, raised at a ridiculous valuation and whose two co-founders scrambled out asap?
Cool NYC companies: New York's best small companies and start-ups
If you’ve spent your career working for big NYC companies, now’s the time to break free. Find out how to launch your own start-up from these NYC entrepreneurs.
Wed Jul 31 2013
Photograph: John Loomis
Some of the coolest, most gamechanging NYC companies are also the smallest. Whether they specialize in making obscure summer rosés as accessible as the city’s best pizza or giving consumers a legal way to buy their favorite DJ mixes, these local start-ups turn many traditional business models on their heads and give their employees the freedom to make an impact from Day One. If you’ve had an idea percolating for awhile—or just need to find a better job STAT—now’s the time to take that leap. But first, find out how successful entrepreneurs made it happen and which tools you need to follow in their footsteps.
Cool NYC companies and entrepreneurs to watch
Tools and tips to get entrepreneurs started
Related coverage of NYC companies and careers
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- Things to do in New York today
- Best free things to do today in New York City
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- New York events in August
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- The 10 best beaches in New York City
- 31 terrible people you will meet when dating in NYC
- Best things to do this week in NYC
- The 10 best weekend getaways from NYC
- Cat costumes galore! The 20 best photos from the Algonquin's cat fashion show