lot18? the company that went from 100 to 36, raised at a ridiculous valuation and whose two co-founders scrambled out asap?
Cool NYC companies: New York's best small companies and start-ups
If you’ve spent your career working for big NYC companies, now’s the time to break free. Find out how to launch your own start-up from these NYC entrepreneurs.
Wed Jul 31 2013
For our annual careers issue, we visited five of New York's coolest companies—NY1, Fab, Littleneck, BuzzFeed and the Central Park Conservancy—to see what it's like working there. Check out our behind-the-scenes office tours to see the workspaces, hear from employees and learn how you can snag a job at these cool NYC companies. Plus, we chatted with small-business owners to find out how they started their own organizations, and took a look at six industries in New York to see what's hiring now. And if you need to improve your job skills, we've got classes and workshops to help boost your résumé.
Related careers coverage
Events calendar for New York City
- 33 things New Yorkers do better than everyone else
- Things to do in New York today
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- September 2014 events calendar for New York City
- New York apartments vs. London apartments: What can you get for $2,000?
- Feast of San Gennaro
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- Great first-date ideas for New Yorkers
- 50 reasons fall in New York is the best
- Best free things to do today in New York City