Staycation guide: Vacation at home with things to do in NYC
Save money and time with a summer holiday in NYC. Take a staycation and let the city surprise you all over again.
Tue Jul 22 2014
While NYC seems to have been (mostly) spared from swarming cicadas, the heat, humidity and scorching concrete might still have you ready to hop on a plane for a weekend getaway. No need: We'll help you find a respite with a staycation, whether you want to bask in the greenery of gardens, get adventurous or lounge in luxury—all without leaving the boroughs.
RECOMMENDED: Summer in New York guide
There’s no need to leave the five boroughs to get away from it all.
Unclench your teeth, unhunch your shoulders and follow our guide to lowering your stress level.
Staycation ideas by category
You might also like
- 23 super-cool things to do this weekend
- 59 wonderful things opening in New York City in September
- Brooklyn Flea
- 15 beautiful photos from Dîner en Blanc that will give you major Instagram envy
- 14 awesome things happening in New York this week
- Alley Pond Park Adventure Course: Staycation
- Kayak on the Hudson
- Coney Island Circus Sideshow
- US Open at Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Funland: Pleasures & Perils of the Erotic Fairground