Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
What we believe
We believe the richness of the world is in its diversity. The cities we represent are melting pots of different people, ideas, experiences and beliefs. To champion our cities and inform our readers, we must reflect them. We have advocated for diversity and inclusion since 1968: our founder, Tony Elliott, was passionate about equality and diversity.
We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth. Our aim is to create an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed.
Time Out Group is committed to supporting and celebrating diversity and equality and we consciously work towards reflecting this in our organisation.
What actions we are taking
Here are a few steps we are taking as a company to be more diverse and inclusive:
- We have an editorial ethos that reflects the cities we serve. Our hiring of employees and freelancers reflect diverse backgrounds, perspectives and voices.
- We practice blind recruitment and for applications received from third parties, we insist on a 50% minority candidate long list. We commission freelance writers, illustrators, photographers and editors who reflect diverse communities and a variety of perspectives.
- We have rolled out a global, annual education programme dealing with conscious and unconscious bias for all employees.
- We are joining institutions—within Media and Hospitality sectors—that work locally as champions of D&I, including signing the If Not Now, When? pledge to commit to clear and specific actions that increase inclusion and equality for Black and ethnic minorities in the workplace.
- We connect our senior leaders and employees to mentoring schemes that support talent from diverse backgrounds to ensure that they thrive.
- We support women leaders by ensuring gender equality within our senior leadership team and at all levels of the organisation.
"At Time Out we care strongly about human rights, fair societies and the future of our planet. Time Out has a proud history as a defender and promoter of progressive values. We are pro-LGBTQ+ rights, pro-planet, pro-tolerance, and believe in racial and gender equality for all; we are for immigration and diverse cities. It is a work in progress and we are constantly educating ourselves to be better - it's not simply about keeping up with the times but also building for the future." Julio Bruno, CEO of Time Out Group
We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves and empower everyone to bring their full authentic selves to work. A diverse and inclusive workforce is a creative one and enables us to learn from each other.
Find out more about our hiring opportunities.