Residents and visitors to Dubai – whether families, friends, couples or solo diners – will be able to enjoy a month-long ‘Time Out Festive Market’ programme at the city’s only editorially curated food and cultural destination, Time Out Market Dubai. Running from Sunday December 5 to Wednesday January 5, a dedicated menu of over 30 Christmas-inspired dishes will be on offer, as well as a ‘Sparkles & Sneakers’ New Year’s Eve extravaganza.
Christmas at ‘Time Out Festive Market’
The Market will be decked out head to (mistle)toe in a cosy winter Christmas setting reminiscent of traditional European festive markets, with real Christmas trees and pretty fairy light drapings. Scents of real pine and ginger mulled wine will fill the air, along with live musical performances and DJ nights throughout the month, Christmas Eve and Day included.
Santa will be on hand to meet and greet kids in his grotto for the perfect festive photo opportunity on Friday December 17 and Saturday 18, as well as on Friday December 24 (Christmas Eve) and Saturday December 25 (Christmas Day).
In addition to regular dishes, a festive menu from all 18 vendors will be available all day and night throughout the month including Christmas Eve and Day. Expect Christmas-inspired plates like Folly Workshop’s impressive giant Yorkshire pudding with roast turkey leg and chestnut stuffing, Fulvio’s classic spaghetti alle vongole (with sautéed clams), BB Social Dining’s tempura lobster and caviar bao, plus Reif Japanese Kushiyaki’s silky turkey ramen. Those with a sweet tooth should dive straight into newcomer 21grams Balkan Bakery & Deli’s festive chocolate and hazelnut baklava with vanilla ice cream, Pitfire’s warm apple pie with vanilla custard and cinnamon sugar knots, Scoopi’s old-school After Eight or Terry’s Chocolate Orange ice cream flavours, and Little Erth’s pecan pie, among a rich selection of desserts.
‘Sparkles & Sneakers’ NYE at Time Out Market Dubai
For the biggest night of the year, Time Out Market Dubai’s New Year’s Eve celebration will kick off at 7pm until 2am with guests dressing up (and down) in ‘Sparkles & Sneakers’. So slip into your freshest kicks and dial up the ice.
And the frosting extends to the menu with the Market serving exclusive, premium New Year’s Eve plates including Local Fire by Mattar Farm’s reverse-seared prime rib and herb-crusted lamb cutlets, Masti’s tuna and caviar pani puri, Long Teng’s baked Boston lobster fried with egg whites, Pickl’s fried chicken with caviar bun, as well as a roaming cheese trolley. To end the feast on a sweet note, Brix will offer a dessert rarely seen on Dubai menus, a celebratory French croquembouche with towering cream-stuffed choux pastry puffs, whilst Scoopi will showcase alcohol-flavoured ice cream scoops for the first time.
The Market’s three bars will serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic tipples including premium Grand Cru Champagnes, festive-inspired cocktails, beers and more. Entertainment will be provided throughout the evening by the popular Carl & The Reda Mafia, and DJ Alex will bring his eclectic mix of musical styles to get the party started and ring in the new year from 11pm.
Reservations are a must, with five categories available - all include a Time Out Market card to be redeemed against food and drink on the night to the value of the booking. All reservations offer exclusive Time Out Market-only access to the ground floor Dubai Fountain Boardwalk for a prime view of the Dubai Fountains and Burj Khalifa midnight fireworks.
- Early Bird: available from November 8-22, AED850 per person at the counter seating in the Banquet area.*
- Banquet: counter seating: AED1,000 *
- Atrium: communal seating in the Atrium area: AED1,500 *
- Stage & Dessert: communal seating in the Stage and Dessert areas: AED2,000 *
- Terrace: prime communal seating on Time Out Market’s terrace with direct Burj Khalifa fireworks view: AED3,000
* Just before midnight, guests will be escorted to the Dubai Fountain Boardwalk on the ground floor, reserved exclusively for Time Out Market diners, offering a direct view of the fireworks.
“In line with our ethos at Time Out Market to cater to all demographics, for our first festive season, we have developed a month-long calendar themed around traditional European Christmas markets with something for the whole family, as well as couples and solo visitors – across all age groups. The highlight is our ‘Sparkles & Sneakers’-themed New Year’s Eve celebration with all bookings offering prime fireworks views,” said Sandy Hayek, General Manager, Time Out Market Dubai.
The wine list showcases ten premium Champagne houses for one-off, best-value price tags starting with Dubai’s most affordable Champagne – the Nicolas Feuillate Brut Réserve for AED400 a bottle. Other exceptional bottles include the Bollinger Special Cuvée and Taittinger Prestige Rosé Brut for AED600, Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé for AED800, Ruinart Blanc de Blancs and Bollinger Rosé for AED900 – with many more on tap. For cocktail-lovers, the classics are all available, together with festive-inspired concoctions starting at AED50.
The Market’s Weekend Breakfast continues to be served on New Year’s Day (Saturday 10am - 1pm) for early risers.
Reservations are mandatory for the New Year’s Eve celebration by email on email@example.com. For the other festivities, the Market’s regular walk-in policy applies. Note: the Market will close for New Year’s Eve preparations on December 31 at 4pm and will re-open at 7pm.
About Time Out Market Dubai:
- Time Out Market Dubai, in partnership with Emaar Malls, brings together the best of the city under one roof at Souk Al Bahar.
- Housing 18 home-grown vendors curated by Time Out’s expert editors: Masti, BB Social Dining, Vietnamese Foodies, Pickl, Pitfire, Brix by 3fils, Nightjar, Reif Japanese Kushiyaki, Little Erth, Scoopi Café, Long Teng, Al Fanar and 21grams Balkan Bakery & Deli. Five incredible, brand-new concepts launched at Time Out Market Dubai, include Folly Workshop, Fulvio’s, Two Leaves by Project Chaiwala, Local Fire by The Mattar Farm, and Liban by Allo Beirut.
- A licensed venue, three bars are located throughout the food hall: The Atrium Bar, located in the main atrium; The Fountain Bar, near the Market’s outdoor terrace; and The Palace Bar, the best spot to get a drink during rush hour.
- Time Out Market Dubai is spread across 43,000 sq ft, including a 3,000 sqft outdoor terrace that overlooks The Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Diners can enjoy the fun and exciting atmosphere from 12pm-12am every day, and until 1am on Thursday and Friday to celebrate the weekend.
- Weekend Breakfast runs every Friday and Saturday from 10am – 1pm.
- “Time Out Stage Presents” sees local bands and musicians perform every Tuesday from 7pm to 10pm, and a resident DJ every Thursday from 8-11pm.
- The Editor’s Table is an exclusive eight-seater private booth set behind the Market’s Fountain Bar that is bookable for lunch or dinner.