Time Out Market, the world’s first editorially curated food and cultural market reopened in Montreal July 2, 2021. Time Out Market Montréal, the city's premier culinary and cultural hub located in the heart of downtown Montreal (Centre Eaton de Montréal, 705 Saint-Catherine St. West) is proud to showcase delicious local cuisine, craft cocktails and cultural experiences for adults, kids and families alike.
“We have worked closely with renowned local chefs and restaurateurs as well as the artists community to capture and celebrate the soul of Montreal,” said Didier Souillat, CEO Time Out Market, “We are pleased to offer guests an immersive and engaging way to enjoy the authentic flavor and diversity of the city.”
The 40,000 square feet Market is bringing back excitement and fun with 10 eateries, a pop-up kitchen, three bars, a cooking academy and a retail shop. As the centrepiece of Centre Eaton de Montréal—a major downtown destination owned and managed by global real estate leader Ivanhoé Cambridge—Time Out Market offers guests the very best of the city under one roof, creating a dynamic destination that embodies the vibrancy of Montreal.
Featuring local cultural entertainment and a lineup of star-studded Montreal chefs and restaurateurs, the Market will continue to add additional concepts in the coming months. Time Out Market Montréal’s new and returning culinary favourites include:
- Le Blossom, A favourite from Montreal’s Village neighbourhood, Le Blossom has taken over the Market’s demonstration kitchen to offer a greatest-hits selection of Japanese plates from their menu. Dishes featured on their menu include; pressed and torched oshizushi, fresh sashimi and savoury maki, loaded-to-burst poke bowls and Japanese yatai-style street food. .
- Le Taj, One of the city’s premiere destinations for Indian fine dining, this institution has joined Time Out Market to serve dishes such as airy naan swiped with butter with irresistibly creamy butter chicken, a beloved tandoor-roasted kebab, and Delhi-style biryani. An essential restaurant for a local experience, each taste here, delivers mouthwatering diasporic takes on Northern Indian cuisine.
- P’tit Dip, There's nothing p'tit about chef Aaron Langille's new concept P'tit Dip found exclusively at Time Out Market. Famed for his adventurous approach to food and flavour at his restaurant Le Diplomate, Langille channels his free-spirited approach to food into a waffle and crepe concept that is as delectable as it is unexpected.
- Campo, Since 2016, the Ferreira family’s Portuguese chicken joint, Campo, has been a Montreal favourite. A fine-tuned churrascaria consistently delivering quality time and time again, their local sourcing of grain-fed birds that are marinated for 24 hours in a piri-piri sauce firmly sets a bar for casual dining downtown - as well as one of the city’s best Portuguese chicken destinations.
- Casa Kaizen, Chef Christian Ventura is a pioneer of plant-based cuisine in Montreal since he first turned heads with his first restaurant Sushi Momo. At Casa Kaizen, menu favourites like nori tostada with konjac-based ‘no-tuna’, crispy flautas served with black garlic cashew cream, and tacos made with ‘calamari’ mushrooms are all directly available. Explore Ventura’s game-changing vegan eats — they're sure to turn any skeptic into a believer.
- Marusan, chef Hideyuki Imaizumi is serving up non-stop umami with his bold takes on traditional Japanese cuisine, with recipes for savory ramen and donburi unique to the city.
- Le Red Tiger, Since opening in 2015, Le Red Tiger has been consistently surprising Montrealers with its traditional dishes, convivial atmosphere and simple yet flavourful menu inspired by the street cuisine of Southern Vietnam. Chef Phong Thach is bringing the fun, excitement and most importantly the richly aromatic flavours of Southeast Asia back to Time Out Market Montréal.
- Paul Toussaint, Dedicated to Haiti’s rich culinary and cultural heritage and his Carribean fare, Chef Paul Toussaint has returned to the Market to continue serving hearty and spicy Haitian cuisine. Diners are able to embark on a voyage with a menu featuring his crackling griot with piquant pikliz, accra fritters or fall-off-the-bone pineapple-and-rum ribs.
- Burger T!, No celebration of local cuisine will ever be complete in Montreal without the innovative work of Chef Normand Laprise. With his savoury burgers being widely considered amongst the best in the city, the world-renowned, local culinary giant brings his ingenious touch to Time Out Market Montréal with Burger T.
- Il Miglio, Led by Chefs Claude Pelletier and Mélanie Blouin, the local fan-favourite beloved for its exquisite Italian cuisine, fresh antipasti and some of the city’s best pasta, has returned to Time Out Market to offer beautifully simple, flavorful and mouth-watering Italian dishes like Veal meatballs, basil & tomato sauce or Campanelle mushrooms, truffle oil, jus.
- Moleskine, Fans of authentic Italian dining - rejoice. Made with delicious fresh ingredients such as their specialty house sausage, stracciatella di bufala and fior di latte cheese, and boundless olive oil and tomato sauce, chef Fred St-Aubin has come back to Time Out Market to offer up some of the best Neapolitan-style pizza this city has to offer.
- Ateliers & Saveurs, A cooking school like no other. The first of its kind in North America, guests at Ateliers & Saveurs at Time Out Market will get to experience workshops given by passionate and seasoned professionals, eager to share their years of experience. Classes offered include: cooking workshops, mixology classes, and wine tastings all in the same venue.
- Signé Local, Founded to promote responsible consumption and buying locally, Signé Local is a store that offers a wide selection of quality products made by Québec artisans and entrepreneurs - where visitors are able to discover high-quality products made locally, such as local food items, decorative objects, clothing, beauty products and much more.
Complementing the food are Time Out Market Montréal’s full-service bars, serving a wide variety of non-alcoholic drinks as well as beer, wine and spirits. The Market also features a variety of seasonal craft cocktails made with local spirits and a selection of local craft beers and wines.
Time Out Market Montréal continues to prioritize health and safety to ensure guests have an enjoyable and safe dining experience. The recently launched Time Out Market app (via App Store or Google Play), makes contactless ordering a breeze, allowing guests to pre-order food and drinks with a text message for pick up. Additional enhanced measures include advanced technology air circulation, social-distancing table partitions, plexiglass shields at counters, additional cleaning crews and personal protective equipment for staff.
To stay up to date on Time Out Market Montréal’s vendors, bars, hours of operation and events, please visit: www.timeoutmarket.com/montreal.