One of the campuses of the University of Girona, and one of the most historic buildings in the city
Alfons the Magnaminous (1396-1458) was so overcome with the beauty of the city of Girona that he decided to put up the region's first university there. The Edifici de les Àligues (Building of the Eagles, named in honour of the two-headed eagle that was the symbol of the Austrian dynasty) was to be the headquarters of the General Study of Girona during the 16th century. The Renaissance façade that's dominated by a large portal is the only element that remains from that period following a reformation carried out by architects Josep Fuses and Joan Maria Viader. As well as its service for the university, the building has been used as a prison and for housing military units.
|Venue name:||Edifici Les Àligues|
Pl. Sant Domènec 3