Just down the road from the center of Zichron lies the smaller town of Binyamina, which forms an integral part of the wine country area.
The Binyamina Winery was founded in 1952 by Hungarian immigrant Joseph Zeltzer. Taking advantage of local vineyards on his doorstep, Zeltzer set up the winery in a former perfume factory, that was once used as a hiding place for Jewish underground movement members. The winery has gone through a number of changes over the years, including being purchased by movie industry executives in the 1990’s, who transformed it into a modern, leading winery and officially changed its name to Binyamina Winery. It is the only winery with vines in the Mount Gilboa region and the Chardonnay Bin uses grapes mainly from that area.
|Venue name:||Binyamina Winery||Contact:|
1 Ha-Yekev St
|Opening hours:||Sun-Thu: 9:00 – 17:00, Fri: 8:30 – 14:00|