Established in memory of Jacob Mayer de Rothschild by his son, Baron Edmond James de Rothschild, Ohel Yaakov Synagogue was built in 1886
The impressive building has marble interior walls, a large main section for men and a second-floor, wraparound women’s section, with a Holy Ark made of white marble. Guests are invited to stop in for daily prayer services, or to visit to hear the impressive story of Ohel Yaakov’s creation, when early settlers worked in cooperation with the German Christians living there to evade Muslim law to build it without a permit. Centrally located at the intersection in the middle of the pedestrian mall, it is worth a visit while in the area.
|Venue name:||Ohel Yaakov Synagogue|
54 HaMeyasdim St
|Opening hours:||Morning prayers Shabbat 8:00, Sun-Fri 6:00|