First things first: when is the Isle of Wight festival 2017?
It takes place from Thursday June 8–Sunday June 11. It’s just a short ferry trip from the mainland on the Isle of Wight (unsurprisingly).
Who’s on the Isle of Wight festival line-up?
Arcade Fire, Rod Stewart, David Guetta, Run DMC are headliners. Other acts announced so far include Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Vamps, Clean Bandit, Zara Larsson, George Ezra, Bastille, Jack Savoretti.
What’s the vibe?
Despite being born in the sixties, IOW has still got clout. Since its relaunch in 2002 it’s made an impressive name for itself by bagging classic rock outfits and rubbing them right up against their protégés. It’s on a far more laid-back plane than the island’s other big event Bestival, and the perfect festival for music heads hoping to discover new talent and see their heroes in one fell swoop. In short: a four-day, family-friendly festival with acts to suit music fans young and old.
Isle of Wight festival
How can I get Isle of Wight festival tickets?
Get your festival tickets here. A weekend ticket costs £195.
Discover more summer music festivals
You might also like
- Don't watch us, watch them! Festival headliners give us their tips
- Rudimental talk festivals, Ed Sheeran and Snoop Dogg getting smoky
- Terms and conditions to win a pair of VIP tickets to the Isle of Wight festival 2016
- The best boutique festivals
- Empire of the Sun interview: 'sexy and wild and explosive and bangin’'