1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, not for resale and cannot be exchanged for cash. All prizes are supplied in good faith, however Time Out Digital Ltd (“The Promoter”) has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
3. Competitions are open to all UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
4. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, email address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
5. Email entries for competitions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering, with your name, email address and daytime telephone number.
6. Entries submitted as per the guidelines stated on the competition page and here in the Terms and Conditions will be judged by Time Out's Music & Nightlife editor Oliver Keens based on the following criteria: quality of writing, originality and how well the entrant has captured the brief. Decisions of the judge relating to the selection of the winner and all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding.
7. The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday, June 6 2014 at 12.00pm. The winner will be notified by phone call and e-mail within 72 hours of the competition closing and will be given adequate time to confirm their acceptance of the prize. Entrants who have not won a prize will not receive notification. The Promoter is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including incorrect contact details or technical difficulties associated therewith. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted for any reason, another winner will be selected as per the judging criteria.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse the prize to any applicant and the right to withdraw access at any time and without giving reason.
9. The written text comprising entries and their copyright automatically become the property of Time Out and may be used in any form on Time Out and British Airways channels in the future, featured alongside the full name of the entrant. By entering, entrants confirm they personally created, wrote and produced their entry and that their entry has not already been published anywhere else throughout the Universe.
10. One winning entrant will travel with a friend to profile the bands performing on the British Airways New Music stage at the Isle of Wight festival 2014 for Time Out. Time Out will retain copyright for any of the resulting content produced by the winner, to be published on Time Out and British Airways platforms. The trip includes:
- Return travel for two people to the Isle of Wight festival 2014 departing June 12 2014 and returning June 15 2014
- Entry for two people to the Isle of Wight festival 2014
- Preferred camping access for two people at the Isle of Wight festival 2014
- £200 spending money
In addition, the winning entrant will also win return British Airways Club Europe Class flights for two people to their choice of European destination selected from a list provided by British Airways, plus three nights accommodation for two people at their chosen destination. Flights are valid for 12 months and must be booked within the parameters of any Terms and Conditions given by British Airways after the winner has selected their destination.
The prize excludes:
- Personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned.
11. Terms of travel:
The winner must be able to travel to the Isle of Wight festival from June 12-15 2014. Neither The Promoter nor British Airways make any representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The winner will not accrue British Airways Avios points on the prize travel. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or British Airways Avios points.
12. In addition to terms of travel cited in point 11, the winner must also:
- Agree to their name and image/likeness being used by The Promoter and/or British Airways
- Create written content as per the brief and deadlines set by The Promoter for publication by Time Out and/or British Airways in any media, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Copyright for any content originating on Time Out platforms will belong to Time Out.
13. Due diligence will be carried out by The Promoter to verify the winner’s ability to comply with the Terms and Conditions; the winner will be asked to sign a Letter of Engagement detailing their involvement in this promotion and agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
14. Individuals may request the name and county of the winner by submitting a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and specifying the competition about which they are inquiring, before 1 August 2014 to: Competitions, Time Out Magazine, Universal house, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB. By participating, you agree to The Promoter providing your name and the county of your residence in response to such requests.
15. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
16. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
17. The winner’s personal information provided to British Airways in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with British Airways’ Privacy Statement available at britishairways.com
18. Time Out is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition to write for Time Out from the Isle of Wight Festival 2014. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of British Airways.
19. Time Out accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize.
20. Promoter: Time Out Digital Ltd, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
1. No purchase necessary.