Jennifer O'Connor has a real soft spot for the Magnetic Fields' opus 69 Love Songs. The singer-songwriter moved to NYC in the late '90s, around the time that album dropped, and the song "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" reminds her of her early days in Manhattan, when she was still "learning about what the Lower East Side was."
RECOMMENDED: See more artists play Time Out Live
You might also like
- Time Out Live: Tim Foljahn performs "53rd & 3rd"
- Animal Collective brings deep-space echoes to Williamsburg
- Celebrating 4AD: The label’s essential albums (SLIDE SHOW)
- Interview - Howlin' Pelle Almqvist of the Hives
- Jeffrey Lewis plays "Streets of New York," "New York's All Right if You Like Saxophone"