Jennifer O'Connor has a real soft spot for the Magnetic Fields' opus 69 Love Songs. The singer-songwriter moved to NYC in the late '90s, around the time that album dropped, and the song "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" reminds her of her early days in Manhattan, when she was still "learning about what the Lower East Side was."
RECOMMENDED: See more artists play Time Out Live
You might also like
- Time Out Live: Tim Foljahn performs "53rd & 3rd"
- Time Out Live: Braid performs acoustic versions of "Never Will Come for US" and "A Dozen Roses"
- Jeffrey Lewis plays "Streets of New York," "New York's All Right if You Like Saxophone"
- Time Out Live: Andrew W.K. performs "I Love NYC"
- 100 best NYC songs: Nos. 60–51