|Venue name:||Eglise St-Sulpice|
|Opening hours:||7.30am-7.30pm daily|
It took 135 years and six architects to finish St-Sulpice. The grandiose façade, with its two-tier colonnade, was designed by Jean-Baptiste Servandoni. He died in 1766 before the second tower was finished, leaving one tower a good five metres shorter than the other. The trio of murals by Delacroix in the first chapel - Jacob's Fight with the Angel, Heliodorus Chased from the Temple and St Michael Killing the Dragon - create a suitably sombre atmosphere.