There aren’t too many cities in the world where a railway station is a top local sight, but this one certainly is. Built in the early 20th century on the site of the former Convento de São Bento de Avé-Maria, from which it took its name. The walls of its entrance hall are plastered with thousands of historical tile panels, painted by Jorge Colaço (1864-1942), ranking as one of themostimportantartistic initiatives of the time in Portugal.
|Venue name:||Estação de São Bento|
Praça Almeida Garrett