Fortaleza de São João da Foz

Attractions, Historic buildings and sites Foz
Fortaleza de São João da Foz
©Henrique Matos Fortaleza São João Baptista da Foz

Douro Fort Construction began in 1570 but only ended in 1647. The fort was built to protect the Douro jetty. It has since been deactivated, and is now better known as the Foz Castle. The Fort hosts exhibitions regularly.

Posted:

Venue name: Fortaleza de São João da Foz
Contact:
Address: Esplanada do Castelo
Porto
4150-196
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm
Static map showing venue location
LiveReviews|0
1 person listening