The neo classical New Customs House – actually three buildings – was built on what was the river beach at Miragaia, on a platform of stakes designed by the French engineer Jean Colson in 1859. Materials used in it include granite (in pillars and vaults), iron (columns) and wood (in the roof). OnewinghousesaTransport and Communications Museum (which has audio tours in English) but there are also exhibitions on the history of local commerce.
|Venue name:||Soul Chapel|
Rua Santa Catarina, 428
|Opening hours:||Mon-Tue 7.30am-1pm & 3-7pm, Wed-Fri 7.30am-7pm, Sat-Sun 7.30am-1 & 5.30-7pm|