The museum occupies the previous facilities of the Companhia Geral de Agricultura das Vinhas do Alto Douro, an organization created in 1756 to delimit the world’s oldest wine region. It has temporary exhibitions, a restaurant, a wine bar and a permanent collection, “Douro, Spirit and Matter”, displaying hundreds of objects that tell the region’s history – bottle labels, work instruments, artworks.
|Venue name:||Douro Museum|
Rua Marquês de Pombal
Peso da Régua
|Opening hours:||Daily 10am-6pm|