Porto’s once extensive tram network has shrunk to three routes, maintained for the benefit of tourists. But the Tram Museum, inaugurated in 1992 in a former power station and recently reopened after an overhaul, has more. It displays models that date back a century and a half, from a horse-drawn trolley first used in 1872 to a slick 1950 tram. There is a bonus for ticket-holders: free rides on city buses and trams for four hours from first validation.
|Venue name:||Museu do Carro Eléctrico||Contact:|
Alameda Basílio Teles, 51
|Opening hours:||Mon 2-6pm, Tue-Sun 10am-6pm|