At a time when supermarkets and malls didn’t exist, Casa Oriental was the grocery shop by excellence, supplying Porto residents with everything they needed. It opened its doors at the foot of the Clérigos Tower in 1910 and since then, despite the usual obstacles of modernity, it has remained strong, representing the best of regional Portuguese products. It started out as a shop for products brought from former colonies (coffee, tea and spices), but after World War II it expanded its offering to traditional confectionery, sausages, cheeses, fresh and tinned products and salted codfish (which are on display right next to the entrance). The visit is mandatory to bring a “saborzinho”, a little taste, of Portugal home.
|Venue name:||Casa Oriental||Contact:|
Campo Martires da Patria, 2
4050 - 367