Corporate Twitter accounts often skew dry and robotic, but at Wendy's, the tweets are always fresh. The folks behind the fast food handle like to serve their social media with a side of sass, openly clapping back at haters and the competition. Take a look at some of Wendy's greatest hits—from beefin' with McDonald's beef to mercilessly roasting every other fast food player in the game.
1. The time they roasted Dunkin’s roast.
Stick to pushing the food that’s so “good”you took it out of your name.— Wendy's (@Wendys) October 20, 2020
My grandma has more heat in her roasts. https://t.co/4dyDghYTTz
2. The time they slammed Burger King and McDonald’s in 15 words or less.
Must have scraped up all of BKs leftovers and slapped mcprice tag on it. https://t.co/mVkvqAPvkH— Wendy's (@Wendys) August 26, 2020
3. The time they indulged in straight-up trash talk.
Is it a garbage truck? https://t.co/Fmpwe1nWTL— Wendy's (@Wendys) January 23, 2020
4. The time they started beef about McDonald’s beef.
5. The time they came for the social media editor.
When the tweets are as broken as the ice cream machine. https://t.co/esdndK1iFm— Wendy's (@Wendys) November 24, 2017
6. The time they made it rhyme.
Please— Wendy's (@Wendys) October 2, 2017
They eat us now, they eat us later
Adding up our Wins on a calculator
You're a laughless clown, or a king that's throneless
Let me get those wings uuuuhhhhhhh boneless https://t.co/vXdnQXf7UD
7. The time they shredded Carl’s clout.
Yeah, for one, if we were going to diss another restaurant we'd have more than zero likes and RTs after 13 hours. https://t.co/VUDXEHKqEB— Wendy's (@Wendys) September 13, 2017
8. The time they signal-boosted their fan mail.
Just making sure they see this https://t.co/WktIaiOlHF— Wendy's (@Wendys) September 21, 2020
9. The time they burned the King’s beef.
When literally anything would be better on a bun than their beef. https://t.co/YfTTrYrPDI— Wendy's (@Wendys) February 18, 2020
10. The time they trashed McDonald’s—again.
Picking up their order. https://t.co/D7jK2qQO6o— Wendy's (@Wendys) January 27, 2020
11. The time they proved that they’re the Clapback Queen.
Oh, hey Snake 'n Fake!— Wendy's (@Wendys) July 24, 2018
Think you dropped this: @
Maybe leave the subs to the sandwich shops and leave the cheeseburgers to us. https://t.co/DaO7AN1Tsg
Most popular on Time Out
- This Reese's Halloween robot can come to your neighborhood and dispense free peanut butter cups
- Brace yourselves for the arrival of bubble concerts
- Why a park you’ve never heard of in the South is the coolest park in the USA
- Gulp: Delta will stop blocking middle seats on flights pretty soon
- This random city in Tennessee is the best place to work from home in the country