John Carlyle built his Scottish-Palladian stone palace here in 1753 and it was then used as the meeting place for British colonial governors to plan their campaign against the French forces squeezing the Crown’s claims to the Ohio river valley. General Edward Braddock then marched down the eponymous road west, towards Pennsylvania—and disaster.
|Venue name:||Carlyle House Historic Park||Contact:|
121 N Fairfax Street
|Cross street:||between King & Cameron Streets|
|Opening hours:||10am–4pm Tue–Sat; noon–4pm Sun. Guided tours every 30mins|
|Transport:||King Street Metro then 15min walk|
|Price:||Admission $5; $3 reductions; free under-11s|