It was Mary Pickersgill who stitched the stars and the stripes on to the huge flag that flew tattered over Fort McHenry during the 1814 British bombardment. Her 1793 home is now the Star-Spangled Banner Flag House. There are guided tours of the house, furnished with appropriate Federal-period antiques and a museum.
|Venue name:||Star-Spangled Banner Flag House|
844 East Pratt Street