These guys just wrote about Poutine Week at Mile End too! Didn't realize it was so popular.
Food & Drink
Celebrate six days of gravy fries at Mile End Deli’s Poutine Week
Photograph: Virginia Rollison
To celebrate its home state’s favorite snack, the Canadian-style sandwich shop Mile End will offer limited-edition fries at both the Brooklyn and Manhattan outposts next week.
From Tuesday, July 15 to Sunday, July 20 owner and Montreal native Noah Bernamoff will add beef tongue and salsa verde to a chilaquiles poutine, American cheese sauce to the chopped smoked meat burger variety, plus more nontraditional fry condiments atop the Thanksgiving, General Tso’s and foie gras options. This isn’t the first time cheese curds have held the spotlight at the delicatessen, which also celebrated Canada’s La Poutine Week in February with inventive off-shoots like hot dog poutine.
Chow your way through the cheesy goodness and get bonus points (literally) if you eat every style: a completed loyalty punch card will earn you a complementary classic poutine, which is exactly what you need after a week of gut-busting gravy fries. C’est la vie.
- It's National Tequila Day! Here's where to go tonight
- Watch the sexy new Fifty Shades of Grey trailer
- 1 in 25 New Yorkers is a millionaire, apparently
- TONY exclusive! Solo star Ben Rimalower gets into (his) debt in the new show <em>Bad with Money</em>
- Is New York really America's most miserable city?