Food & Drink
Fill up on free burgers from the Wahlberg brothers
To promote the upcoming premiere of Wahlburgers’ second season, Mark, Donnie and Paul are rollin' their Beantown burgers into New York. Get a free patty and crispy tator tots on Friday, Aug. 8 and Saturday, Aug. 9 between 11am–7pm in Herald Square. And if you can’t hit up the truck this weekend, don't worry, just get to the Flatiron pedestrian plaza on Tuesday, Aug. 12 (11am–7pm) before they run out of gratis rounds.
Curious about what you and your freebie-seeking friends will be stuffing your faces with? The brothers’ 1/3-pound “Our Burger” is topped with Paul’s signature Wahl sauce (a tangy, homemade number), American cheese, dill pickles and the standard LTO (lettuce, tomato, onion).
Work off your free lunch with a game of corn hole and then create a personalized gif to commemorate the only day you’d ever choose a Boston burger over Shake Shack’s. Here’s hoping yours looks something like this:
- How to have the best Cider Week ever
- Word on the Street: 14 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- Hugh Jackman, Straight White Men and Metropolitan Opera for cheap
- Spend the weekend with your pooch at these pet-friendly events
- This tech gadget could save you from a bad Tinder date with three clicks of your heels