Food & Drink
Momofuku brings back old favorites for its 10th anniversary
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, Momofuku Noodle Bar will be serving a throwback menu next week, August 18–24, that highlights the best dishes from its decade in the East Village. The previously archived plates—hand-picked by former head chefs—will include kimchi stew with pork shoulder and rice cakes, chilled spicy noodles studded with Sichuan sausage and cashews, and brisket-stuffed buns topped in horseradish and pickled red onion. For dessert, Milk Bar maven Christina Tosi is baking a commemorative cookie: Lucky Peaches ‘n Cream.
And there's swag! Created in conjunction with Lucky Peach’s Jason Polan, who lent his soft-boiled egg recipe, and Massimo Mongiardo, who illustrated the iconic ramen bowl, tote bags ($10–$15) and t-shirts ($25) will go on sale Monday, August 18. Find them at the noodle bar or online at momofuku.com. A portion of the proceeds from both the menu and merch will benefit Edible Schoolyard NYC, a non-profit dedicated to helping children make healthier eating choices.
Here's the full menu:
- How to have the best Cider Week ever
- Word on the Street: 14 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- Hugh Jackman, Straight White Men and Metropolitan Opera for cheap
- Spend the weekend with your pooch at these pet-friendly events
- This tech gadget could save you from a bad Tinder date with three clicks of your heels