Food & Drink
Momofuku brings back old favorites for its 10th anniversary
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, Momofuku Noodle Bar will be serving a throwback menu next week, August 18–24, that highlights the best dishes from its decade in the East Village. The previously archived plates—hand-picked by former head chefs—will include kimchi stew with pork shoulder and rice cakes, chilled spicy noodles studded with Sichuan sausage and cashews, and brisket-stuffed buns topped in horseradish and pickled red onion. For dessert, Milk Bar maven Christina Tosi is baking a commemorative cookie: Lucky Peaches ‘n Cream.
And there's swag! Created in conjunction with Lucky Peach’s Jason Polan, who lent his soft-boiled egg recipe, and Massimo Mongiardo, who illustrated the iconic ramen bowl, tote bags ($10–$15) and t-shirts ($25) will go on sale Monday, August 18. Find them at the noodle bar or online at momofuku.com. A portion of the proceeds from both the menu and merch will benefit Edible Schoolyard NYC, a non-profit dedicated to helping children make healthier eating choices.
Here's the full menu:
- Slap on your gym clothes—We're talking fitness in this week's issue of Time Out New York
- What Off Broadway shows should Thirteen bring to PBS viewers’ living rooms?
- Head to SEE Eyewear's new Boerum Hill store for treats, drinks and swag
- Score free mac and cheese from Stouffer's tomorrow
- Interview: Debut novelist Chloe Krug Benjamin on lucid dreaming and NOT writing a love story