Food & Drink
Smorgasburg is coming to Central Park
Brooklyn epicurean extravaganza, Smorgasburg, is crossing the river for one-night-only next month, bringing 30 vendors to Central Park's SummerStage on Friday, September 19th. From 5pm to 9pm, feast on alfresco eats from food-fair staples like Mighty Quinn's, Ramen Burger, Lumpia Shack and Milk Truck, along with East Coast Poke's Hawaiian ceviche, Fleisher's butcher-shop burgers, Carnal's giant beef ribs and El Super's seafood tostadas.
A beer-and-wine bar will be available (for a non-alcoholic option, Brooklyn Soda Works will sell pop) and Butter & Scotch will finish things off with a little somethin' sweet. If all goes well, Smorgasburg may be coming to Central Park on the regular in 2015. Fingers crossed.
- Some possible weekend itineraries for Nicki Minaj's alter egos once she moves to NYC
- BAM's Eat, Drink & Be Literary series returns in January
- Six great holiday gifts for your favorite theater geek
- Theater chains abandon The Interview after terror threat
- Calling all last minute shoppers: Sip free drinks and receive special discounts at these holiday pop-ups