Time Out Market Boston — the culinary and cultural hub at 401 Park in Fenway — reopens its doors on Thursday, May 13, 2021. The Market is proud to welcome back delicious cuisine, craft cocktails and local cultural experiences that capture the soul of the city.
Time Out Market CEO Didier Souillat, says: “Time Out Market Boston is the place to be, and we can’t wait to invite our guests back! We have closely collaborated with our renowned and locally loved chefs and restaurateurs to bring the best of Boston under one roof. To celebrate, we’re kicking off with new events, pop-ups and activations that capture city culture.”
Time Out Market Boston is located at one of Fenway’s most bustling corners, alongside Trillium Brewing Company’s Taproom. Time Out Market Boston’s expansive 6,000-square-foot outdoor patio and spacious front lawn will be activated just in time for guests to enjoy the full swing of spring and then soak up the summer sun. The Market will reopen with 12 culinary favorites, a locally-inspired bar program, as well as cultural activities and pop-ups on opening weekend:
- Seasonal: A new seasonal Tiki Bar with creative, tropical cocktails.
- Seasonal: Blind Fox Art Installation.
- Thursday 6-7PM: Boston Music Project’s Summer Street Brass Band performance.
- Friday 6-10PM; Saturday 11AM-10PM: Mere Point Oysters Pop Up including oyster shucking demos.
- Friday-Saturday 7-10PM: DJ Tumi on Friday, followed by DJ Caitlin on Saturday.
- Saturday at 2:15-3PM: Special appearance by the Boston Red Sox Mascot, Wally, to celebrate the opening and the Red Sox Game.
- Saturday 4PM: Live-Streaming Red Sox Game on the big screen.
- Sunday 10AM-12PM: Boston Music Project kids program for children 5 and under.
- Sunday 1-2PM: Boston Music Project performances by local students and artists.
Time Out Market Boston welcomes back numerous standouts from its lineup of top Boston chefs and restaurateurs. The Market reopens with 12 local culinary concepts with additional concepts and restaurateurs joining in the coming months. Returning culinary favorites include:
- Ms. Clucks Deluxe (opening this summer) is an original concept from James Beard Award-winning Chefs Tim and Nancy Cushman, delivering delicious twists on chicken and dumplings. Exclusive to Time Out Market Boston, Ms. Clucks Deluxe offers options ranging from karaage chicken and waffle fries with maple syrup to chicken, broccoli and cheddar gyoza.
- Michael Schlow’s Italian Kitchen is a celebration of honest Italian ingredients coupled with the namesake’s signature rustic techniques. The James Beard Award winner is known for authentic pasta dishes such as fettuccine Alfredo and comforting classics such as Mimi’s famous meatballs with whipped ricotta and spicy tomato-basil sauce.
- Cusser’s Roast Beef & Seafood began as a street-side takeout window inspired by the popular roast beef and seafood shacks on the North Shore. The critically lauded lobster rolls and mouth-watering roast beef sandwiches are part of their comforting classics.
- Gogo ya (opening this summer) reinvents the way that guests think about sushi with a menu inspired by the Cushman’s award winning concepts, o ya and Hojoko. Gogo ya offers crispy nori-sushi tacos with mouthwatering fillings like spicy hamachi with truffled black pepper butter.
- Taqueria el Barrio serves up authentic Mexican favorites with flavors and ingredients reminiscent of Northwestern Mexico. Chef Alex Sáenz and hospitality pro Servio Garcia serve nachos, quesadillas and fill house made tortillas with lovingly prepared proteins.
- BISq has been recognized by Wine Enthusiast as one of America’s best wine restaurants, and their outpost at the Market offers an eclectic mix of small plates and sandwiches, including their signature chicken which can be enjoyed fried or roasted and garlicky.
- Monti brings the authentic wood-fired, Roman-style pizza from James Beard award winning Chef Michael Schlow. Indulge in slices and pies with a crispy, airy and slightly chewy crust that is topped with specialty ingredients.
- anoush’ella serves Eastern Mediterranean cuisine using fresh, authentic ingredients inspired by the Armenian-Lebanese heritage of owners Nina and Raffi Festekjian. The fresh and complex flavors are healthy and satisfying and showcased in their mezze.
- Nu Burger is Time Out Market Boston’s first incubator project and a place where Chef Nina of anoush’ella shares her approach to globally inspired burgers.
- Revolution Health Kitchen makes Time Out Market visitors feel their best with a delicious and organic plant-based menu. Co-Owners Heather and Dominic Costa offer satisfying salads, hearty soups, acai bowls and smoothies.
- Union Square Donuts use the highest quality ingredients from top to bottom, from glaze to dough, to create flavors that push the boundaries of what is expected. Union Square Donuts proudly pours the North Shore's Atomic Coffee Roasters specialty coffee and cold brew on weekends.
- Gelato & Chill serves artisanal gelato based on authentic and traditional Italian recipes. Gelato master Vincent Turco creates small batch, handmade gelato using organic and additive free local ingredients. Gluten free, vegan friendly treats are also available.
The Market’s two bars complement the culinary concepts with seasonal craft cocktails, beer, wine and handcrafted non-alcoholic beverages. The reopening of the Market brings a new buzz to the bars with 13 new cocktails including: the No Working During Drinking Hours with spicy tequila, Another Day in Paradise summer sangria, refreshing gin-based It’s Five O’Clock Here, Screw the Cracker… Polly Wants a Cocktail served frozen in a pineapple, Nutcase served in a branded coconut, Gettin’ Freaky at the Tiki and Born to Rum.
Time Out Market Boston continues to prioritize health and safety to ensure guests have an enjoyable and safe dining experience. The recently-launched Time Out Market app (via App Store or Google Play), makes contactless ordering a breeze allowing for pre-ordering food and drinks from their seats with a text message for pick up. Guests now also have an option called ‘Market Favorites’ on the app to select multiple menu items from different kitchens to make take out quick and easy. Delivery options are also available via UberEats, DoorDash and Caviar. Additional enhanced measures include advanced technology air circulation, social distancing table partitions, plexiglass shields at counters, additional cleaning crews and personal protective equipment for staff. For new hours of operation, visit Time Out Boston’s site.