Time Out Market Chicago—the premier culinary and cultural hub at 916 W. Fulton Market is now open. The Market is proud to offer a carefully curated showcase of delicious cuisine, craft cocktails and local cultural experiences that capture the soul of the city.
“It is so exciting to have our guests back to rediscover the flavor, heart and creativity of the city,” said Sumindi Peiris, Chief Marketing Officer, Time Out Group. “We have closely collaborated with our renowned and locally loved chefs and restaurateurs to capture the essence of Chicago’s award-winning dining scene and bring it to life, in an inspiring manner, under one roof.”
The Market, located in one of the city’s most sought-after dining destinations, offers guests a culinary journey that reflects the authenticity and flavor of Chicago. Spanning 53,000 square feet, the Market includes an expansive patio along bustling Fulton Market Street and a rooftop bar—an ideal destination to take in the food, fun and sun all summer long.
Bringing guests a standout lineup of top Chicago chefs and restaurateurs, the Market will continue to add additional concepts in the coming months. New and returning culinary favorites include:
- Arami, one of the pioneering restaurants in Chicago’s now-booming West Town neighborhood by restaurateur Ty Fujimura, offering traditional and contemporary Japanese cuisine.
- Bittersweet Pastry Shop, Founded in 1992, Bittersweet Pastry Shop & Café has become a destination for French pastries, specialty desserts and custom cakes and brings its famous pasties to The Market.
- Bad Bach, Features chocolates by notable local pastry Chef Jared Bachellor.
- Bill Kim Ramen Bar, the first brick-and-mortar outpost of this concept, chef Bill Kim offers a unique ramen experience for Market-goers to enjoy.
- Candlelite, this nationally lauded Rogers Park institution has been lighting up Chicago’s pizza scene since 1950. Candlelite is known for its tavern-style pies, including the classic margherita pizza and Candlelite White pizza.
- Cleo’s Southern Cuisine, known for chef and owner Kristen Ashley’s Southern comfort food with a Creole twist, the Market outpost of the Bronzeville restaurant will feature Ashley’s award-winning fried chicken.
- Mini Mott, returns to the Market offering chef Edward Kim’s signature burger—lauded as one of the best in the country—with melty American cheese, hoisin aioli, pickled jalapeños, pickles, miso butter, sautéed onions and a cloud of sweet potato frizzles.
- Pisolino, chef and owner James De Marte serves simple and robust pastas, such as Orecchiette with Spicy Sausage, Bolognese Lasagna and Linguine Vongole.
- Polombia, a modern take on classic dishes from Poland and Columbia, Polombia infuses ingredients from both countries, resulting in interesting and flavorful dishes.
- Shawn Michelle’s, featuring classic and unconventional homemade ice cream flavors, this Bronzeville-based institution cooks its own custard daily and creates ice cream the old-fashioned way.
- Soul & Smoke, specializes in slow-smoked, barbecued and braised meats by nationally acclaimed chef D’Andre Carter. The menu includes brisket, ribs and pulled pork that is slow-cooked for hours and bursting with flavor.
- Urbanbelly, offering intriguing takes on casual Asian cuisine by chef Bill Kim including dishes like Edamame Dumplings, Katsu Udon Noodle Soup and a Spicy Thai Basil Leaf Bowl with Aromatic Jasmine Rice.
Complementing the food are the Market’s three full-service bars with seasonal offerings welcoming guests at the first and second floor bars as well as Tony’s Rooftop Bar, named after Time Out’s beloved Founder, the late Tony Elliott. Carefully curated for the summer, Time Out Market Chicago’s beverage program features a variety of seasonal craft cocktails made with local spirits and a selection of local craft beers and wines.
Time Out Market Chicago continues to prioritize health and safety to ensure guests have an enjoyable and safe dining experience. The recently launched Time Out Market app (via App Store or Google Play), makes contactless ordering a breeze, allowing guests to pre-order food and drinks with a text message for pick up. Delivery is available via UberEats, DoorDash and Caviar. Additional enhanced measures include advanced technology air circulation, social-distancing table partitions, plexiglass shields at counters, additional cleaning crews and personal protective equipment for staff.
Hours of operation are:
Monday & Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday & Thursday - 8 a.m. (select vendors); 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. All vendors; Bars open until 11 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. (select vendors); 11 a.m.-10 p.m. All vendors; Bars open until Midnight
Saturday 9 a.m. (select vendors) 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. All vendors; Bars open until Midnight
Sunday 9 a.m. (select vendors) 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. All vendors; Bars open until 10 p.m