Time Out Market Lisbon is pleased to announce the reopening of its space, located at Mercado da Ribeira, in Lisbon today - Wednesday, 1st of July. After more than three months closed, the market will welcome back its guests to taste exceptional dishes from local favorites and indulge in Lisbon’s unique culture.
Time Out Market Lisbon is delighted to welcome back its stellar lineup of Lisbon’s top chefs and restaurateurs who are part of the fabric of the local community - now open for business every day of the week from 10am to 11pm. The Time Out Academy, where guests can learn what they love, such as preparing Lisbon’s best food, will open its doors again later in July. The capacity for the gastronomy workshop's will have a 50% reduction and new rules, but will be as interesting as ever with the new agenda being announced shortly. Time Out Studio, located on the first floor, which presents the city's best events, will continue to be closed until further notice but will soon commence with the best concerts and themed events when government guidelines allow.
After pausing operations in March to help contain the spread of COVID-19, Time Out Market Lisbon continues to prioritize the health and safety of guests, employees, restaurateurs and their teams. In addition to following government regulations and protocols, Time Out Market’s natural infrastructure, along with intensified safety precautions and new systems implemented, provide guests with an enjoyable dining experience:
- Ample space: Being one of the widest dining spaces in the city with an expanse of more than 11 meters of space, guests have ample space to social distance. Capacity will also be reduced to half, with smaller tables spaced with partitions.
- Continual natural ventilation: With open ceilings and natural ventilation, visitors will be in constant fresh air.
- Controlled inputs and outputs: There are now only two entrance doors (Av. 24 de Julho and the central door facing the garden of Praça D. Luís) and two exclusive exit doors for customers. Visitors will go through a new hygienic lobby, where they will be asked to put on a mandatory mask, disinfect their hands with alcohol gel and rub their shoes on a disinfectant rug.
- Exclusive payment with cards: All transactions will be made by card only (debit / credit) or by MBWay. Cash can be transferred onto a card available at the Time Out Shop (floor 0), which is valid for one year at any vendor within Time Out Market Lisbon.
- Table Reservation: Another new addition to the reopening is table reservations. The reservation is valid for 10 minutes after the scheduled time and is available for use for 1.5 hours. To book visit the Time Out store or phone 213470391.
- Specialized Cleaning Team: In addition to the usual cleaning team, there will be an extra special cleaning team dedicated exclusively to the cleaning of surfaces and other critical contact points.
Ana Alcobia, director-general of Time Out Market Lisbon, says: “We launched Time Out Market Lisbon in May 2014, but were unfortunately in lockdown for its 6th birthday. Now, we are excited to celebrate properly. With our extraordinary chefs serving diverse cuisines, our customers can once again be immersed and taste the best of the city, curated by Time Out’s editorial local experts. We have safety measures in place for our guests, restaurateurs and employees but have not compromised on the fun atmosphere that makes dining at Time Out Market an exceptional experience. We can’t wait to welcome everyone back!”
Time Out Market Lisbon will welcome back 25 restaurants, 7 bars, 6 stalls, 1 kiosk, 2 shops, a co-working space and a cooking academy. This includes the best steak, the best hamburger and the best sushi among others, as well as top chefs including Kiko Martins, Susana Felicidade, Alexandre Silva, Miguel Castro E Silva, Henrique Sá Pessoa, Joao Rodrigues and Marlene Vieira.