OFFICIAL RULES Time Out Market Boston Market Card and staycation in the city (“Sweepstakes”)
Time Out America LLC (“Time Out”)
ELIGIBILITY: The Time Out and Hotel Commonwealth, Time Out Market Boston Market Card and staycation in the city Sweepstakes, is open to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age and older and who are physically located and reside in the United States at time of entry and who are able to get to Boston, Massachusetts at their own cost and expense to collect and redeem the prize ("Entrant"). For the avoidance of doubt, Time Out will not provide any compensation for travel and/or travel related incidental costs to and from Boston, Massachusetts. Multiple entries per person are allowed. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members (whether related or not), of Time Out (“Sponsor”) its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions advertising and promotion agencies and prize partners are not eligible to enter. These Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. US law governs these Sweepstakes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Sweepstakes. Purchases do not improve the chances of winning.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period (“Entry Period”) for the Sweepstakes starts on 14 February 2018 and ends on 1 May 2019 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- MAIN METHOD OF ENTRY: Individuals may enter the sweepstakes by completing the required fields, marked with an asterisk, on the landing page. Once this information has been submitted, an Entrant will automatically receive one entry in the Sweepstakes. Electronic entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a particular e-mail address by the applicable Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address. More than one (1) entry from any person or from any e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address, as applicable. Any attempt by a person to enter more than once with multiple email accounts may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sponsor upon verification of potential winners.
- WINNER SELECTION: The winning Entry (“Winner”) will be selected one (1) day after the end date of the Entry Period. The Winners will be selected randomly from all Entries received in accordance with the Rules. All Entries will be listed and numbered on a spreadsheet and a random number will be generated through an independent computer program, using a blind procedure, which will reveal the winning Entry. There will be only one Winner of the Prize. The Winner will be contacted by Sponsor by telephone or email within two (2) weeks from the end date of the Entry Period for the Sweepstake and the Winners must confirm acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) within seventy two (72) hours of notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the Winner to confirm their acceptance of the Prize within the allotted time period, Sponsor reserves the right to select another Winner drawn using the same selection procedure. Sponsor shall have no liability to a previously selected Winner who have not responded in time. Sponsor reserves the right to ask the Winner to provide proof of age and/or state of residence. The Winner may be announced on the Sponsor website for at least thirty (30) days’ after the Prize has been awarded and as such, Sponsor will have the right (without additional permission being required) to use the Winner’s names, age and town/city for that purpose and they may be requested by Sponsor to participate in post-event publicity both in paper and online. The Winner agrees to provide any information required by Sponsor to fulfil the Prize as per applicable laws, such as the Winner’s social security number when and if required for tax regulation compliance purposes. In addition, the Winner may be asked to complete a general release and an affidavit of eligibility.
- The Prize is approximately valued at $300.00 US dollars and includes a $100.00 Time Out Market Card for use at Time Out Market Boston (only) and a one-night stay at Hotel Commonwealth (conditions apply). Hotel Commonwealth: Please note all hotel nights are at the hotel's discretion and your preferred hotel dates are not guaranteed and are dependent on availability. Blackout dates may apply at the hotel’s discretion but efforts will be made to accommodate your chosen date. The Winner must book their night with Hotel Commonwealth directly within a week of being announced and notified. Time Out will provide clear information on how to do this and who to contact. The hotel prize is a one-night stay in a luxury guest room for up to two people sharing at Hotel Commonwealth, Boston. The hotel stay can be redeemed until 31 December 2019. The Winner is also invited to experience Time Out Market Boston. The date of the market opening will be specified after the Winner has been drawn. Time Out Market Card: The Winner must be available to collect their $100.00 Time Out Market Card from Time Out Market Boston directly and the Winner must advise Time Out as to the date and time they will collect it, so it can be prepared and set aside for collection. The Time Out Market Card can be used for food and beverage at the Time Out Market Boston only and can be redeemed until 31 December 2019. The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available for the Prize. In the unlikely event that the Prize should become unavailable or unredeemable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize which it reasonably determines as being of equal value. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. A Form 1099 may be issued to the Winner.
- WARRANTY: Each Entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility Entrants. Sponsor does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, invalid or illegible Entries.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS TIME OUT AMERICA, LLC AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND PRIZE PARTNERS, INCLUDING HOTEL COMMONWEALTH (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSOR'S WEBSITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an Entry, vote, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by the Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entry materials or votes that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible entries/votes received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Time Out America, LLC, 1540 Broadway, 42nd Floor, New York, NY 10036.
© Copyright 2019 Time Out America, LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.