With popularinternational artists rolling through Israel all summer long, the Holy Land's musical offerings can sometimes seem mainstream. However, this August, you don’t need to look far to find eclectic musical events across the country. With unconventional festivals featuring jazz, klezmer, and opera music, you can be sure that these events offer as much entertainment and feel-good jams as their conventional early-summer counterparts. If classic music is more your style, celebrate American and Israeli favorites with the uplifting gospel music of the Golden Gate Quartet, and the legendary folk-rock vibes of Shlomo Artzi. As summer draws to a close, dare to leave the Tel Aviv or Jerusalem cultural bubbles, and find diverse musical offerings across the country.
You might also like
- The coolest record stores in Tel Aviv
- Got Monk? Tony Kofi celebrates 100 years of Thelonious Monk at the Tel Aviv Jazz Festival
- The future looks bright at these top Tel Aviv sunglasses boutiques
- Israeli culture: classical music across the country
- Ten Hollywood films you wouldn't believe were shot in Israel