Located at The Light shopping centre, this Headrow cinema is ideal for shoppers. It boasts 14 screens with Sony 4K digital cinema quality projection and Dolby Digital Surround Sound on each screen. Two of the screens also offer 3D facilities.
The cinema shows all the big new Hollywood releases, as well as some special screenings of classic films and world cinema. It also offers live screenings of classical and theatre productions, on occasion.
|Venue name:||Vue The Light||Contact:|
No.22, The Light
- The film that first brought Miyazaki to international attention remains an animated achievement almost without parallel. The first half delicately captures both mystery and quietness as two little girls move with their father to a remote new home ...Read more
- Both ‘Interstellar’ and ‘Gravity’ took us out of this world, but the reputation of Stanley Kubrick’s classic – now re-released – is safe. It’s not that ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ doesn’t look dated – it does, a bit – but it remains as intelligent and...Read more
- New version of the classic musical, which allows audiences to follow the words on screen and deafen fellow cinema-goers with impromptu renditions of all of the hits. The story centres on Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson, the bad boy and the good girl w...Read more
- For all their global dominance, everybody wants these superhero movies to be better: funnier, smarter, more inclusive, more super. A huge step in the right direction, ‘Black Panther’ is that dream come true. Proudly African – even if its Africa co...Read more
- There’s bad ideas, and then there’s Donald Crowhurst, the jolly but misguided amateur sailor played in this true-life drama by Colin Firth. It’s a tale from another age: a ’60s family man and local entrepreneur decides to spice up his life by ente...Read more
- A sweet, deeply personal portrayal of female adolescence that’s more attuned to the bonds between girlfriends than casual flings with boys, writer-director Greta Gerwig’s beautiful 'Lady Bird' flutters with the attractively loose rhythms of yout...Read more
- Reliably, director Guillermo del Toro’s mind goes to squishy, sexual places. He’s a true voluptuary, not just the guy behind those bony creatures from 'Pan’s Labyrinth' but also, per last year’s Crimson Peak', a believer in grand, melodramatic f...Read more