1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by telephone, email or post within two weeks of the closing date.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB. 1) Tickets for English National Opera’s Death in Venice applicable for the performance on Friday June 21 only.
In case you didn’t know, Scandinavia is cool right now. The food, the fashion, the facial hair – plus the Vikings have invaded the British Museum. All we need next is a healthy economy, a reliable public transport system and a sense of social justice, and London will be indistinguishable from Oslo. Meanwhile in Hackney, there’s yet another Northern European-inspired incursion. Or apparently so: the website claims this bar-restaurant-club draws on ‘a Nordic aesthetic’, although it’s not immediately obvious within. Oslo occupies the previously deserted old Hackney rail station and takes on a bit of a railway theme with its luggage-rack lighting, plus there are industrial stylings that give the whole place a Janet Jackson ‘Rhythm Nation’ video feel. The restaurant part is rather fancy, its food incorporating a few of the forages, pickles, jellies and marinations of New Nordic cooking. The kitchen is regularly given over to guest chefs, and you have to book – it’s always heaving. Eat in the bar and the food is more straightforward. Where once the standard snack in pubs was a toastie, sausage roll or pork pie, now it’s the slider or fried chicken. These are served alongside frankly obscene portions of chips, slathered with the likes of cured bacon fat and bacon salt, or braised oxtail, gravy and cheese. There’s a commendable range of craft beers from the vicinity, including a couple from Five Points Brewing just five minutes up the road at the Downs.Head upstairs and you’ll find a
Venue says: “Join us every Thursday night until late for Soul Soul Soul – a night of vinyl appreciation with DJs playing soul, funk, disco and more.”