1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by telephone, email or post within two weeks of the closing date.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
1- Competition open to entrants 18+
2- Tickets are non-transferable
3- Travel is not included
Here’s what happens when Dreambagsjaguarshoes grows up, packs its bags and moves to Dalston. The Victoria is now owned by the same people as the perennially cool and grungy Shoreditch hangout, and probably represents a mellowing out with age – it’s a pub, it’s more relaxed, it stages live music, and it’s on a backstreet off Dalston Lane instead of the illuminated strip down the road. As a pub, it’s decent – an artily thrown-together look, a few local beers (although not many), and a ‘residency’ from peripatetic grillers Psychic Burger. It’s a misleading name – I sat thinking about what I wanted to eat for half an hour before having to go up and order at the bar in the old-fashioned way. But as US diner food in plastic trays goes, it’s a fine example of its type. Through the back of the pub is the stage, where assorted bands assemble to perform. The Victoria has been a scuzzily democratic live music venue for decades, so it’s great that the new owners kept that going and didn’t turn the room into a dining room/yoga space/Tesco Metro.